< Back to results
- Full Time
Clubforce has transformed the way sports clubs are managed. We provide the market leading club management platform, used by teams worldwide to unify their membership, to take the pain from admin and to drive fundraising forward. Clubforce technology allows volunteers, parents and players to work together more effectively and receive information at the right time so every member can participate to their best.
The Clubforce development team is seeking an experienced and ambitious Back-end Developer to join our growing team. We are agile in a collaborative work environment and we operate without the typical internal delays or red tape you may find in larger organisations. This allows us to make decisions quickly and harness our fail-fast, continuous improvement mindsets.
What You’ll Do
At Clubforce, the Back-end Developer will:
- Collaborate in the design, development, testing and maintenance of our software products
- Liaise with front-end designers to implement back-end logic and applications
- Liaise with team and translation of the requirements into live code
- Work with product owners and internal stakeholders to address technical & design requirements to provide solutions
- Bridge the gap between design and technical implementation defining how the application performs
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Document and record tasks and activities through Confluence, Jira, Figma and other support tools
What We’re Looking For
Clubforce has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and strive to continuously improve our technology. On our team we aim to work smart, be humble, learn every day and above all collaborate.
For this role we need a strong back-end developer to help drive our products forward with exposure to the latest frameworks and best practices. If you have full stack ability with front-end + Angular experience fantastic!
- Passionate in their work and wanting to excel
- Excellent time management
- The ability to be autonomous
- Eager to learn more and share knowledge especially
- Always shows a positive attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a love of technical challenges
- Comfortable working from home or in the office
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development, related field or relevant work experience.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to plan, design, implement, test and deploy
- Ability to interact in multi-functional Scrum teams in an agile environment
- Advanced understanding and experience with PHP 7+
- Experience with Docker
- Experienced with AWS, ALB, ECS, RDS
- Strong experience with API creation, documentation and integrations
- Strong knowledge and ability to write complete unit tests with TDD techniques
- Strong experience with Postgres
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming
- Experienced with GIT
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts such as: common data structures, algorithms, design patterns, database concepts, REST services, etc.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Nice to have
- Experience architecting and developing high traffic website & web applications
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to RabbitMQ
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with OpenAPI, Swagger and developer portals
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps and pipelines across multiple environments
- Familiar with E2E Testing frameworks
- Experience in caching solutions (Redis)
- Exposure to security, CVE, vulnerability and prevention measures
- Familiar with BDD and Behat
- Experience optimising applications for speed and scalability.
- Good exposure to microservices architecture
- Familiar with Figma