< Back to results
Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM)
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
MediWest Care are currently recruiting for an experienced and ambitious, clinical nurse manager for a patient orientated nursing home in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide advice on staff rostering and management of staff allocation on the basis of patient acuity, dependency and skill mix.
- Provide, through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation
Ensure that the care and service to the resident and families is consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategic plan
- To be involved in the residents’ welfare in a “hands-on” capacity.
- Oversee the delivery of services with all members of the teams.
- Manage, lead and coordinate all staff on a day to day basis
- Be the communication link between all staffing levels, including management
- Continue to promote a culture of dignity and respect for residents and their relatives / carers
- Assist with the day to day management and administration tasks
- Assist the PIC in the reviewing and creating of policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Risk Management, Health and Safety and Infection Control Policies and Procedures and abide by the Standards of HIQA and NMBI
- Undertake appropriate mandatory training and implement new findings and practices which could benefit the nursing home
- Be involved in the performance review strategy
- Promote a culture where individuals and teams are encouraged to develop personal and professional knowledge and skills
- Current registration with Nursing Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Management experience would be an advantage but not a requirement, ideally in a relevant setting
- An understanding of dementia including: current best practice in dementia care, the issues facing people living with Dementia and their carers/families and the services available
- Excellent leadership, management, people and communication skills
- Sound decision making ability and results driven
- Self motivated and the ability to motivate others and work on own initiative
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment
- Promote a sense of belonging in a warm caring family environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company