< Back to results
EHS Process Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Team Horizon currently has an exciting opening to work on our client’s manufacturing facility. If successful you will provide the resources necessary to ensure the effective management of EHS & E at the facility, making sure that the programs and management procedures are in place to ensure that operations at the facility are conducted in such a fashion as to prevent injury or harm to the employees or to the environment.
Why you should apply:
- Our client has developed a stand-out culture of innovation, inclusion and development, and consistently features as a great place to work.
- The role is generously compensated, and attracts a competitive base salary and highly attractive benefits package.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Assist site EHS programs such as contractor management, safety culture initiatives, management of change, EHS dept support etc.
- Auditing to ensure compliance with the Safety standards and with the corporate management and technical standards.
- Risk Assessments of the facilities operations.
- Creation of site safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Continued development of the site’s EHS training programme.
- Evaluating EHS impacts of new processes, equipment and products at the facility.
- Guaranteeing compliance with ISO 14001 & ISO45001, and with the corporate management and technical standards.
- Management of site Process Safety programs is desirable
- Support and continuously evaluate systems within the plant to ensure compliance with local national and EU legislation and HSA compliance and other external regulations.
- Adheres to and follows all procedures policies and guidelines ensuring compliance with cGMP and HPRA/FDA regulations and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for presenting and taking ownership of own area during regulatory inspections corporate audits and external interaction with the HSA and other external bodied.
- May be required to lead Cross Functional Teams (CFT’s) and cost improvement projects.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with corporate and division personnel.
- Provide technical leadership to functional areas and collaborates with key stakeholders.
- Providing functional expertise to support daily operations. Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) on all E.H.S. issues and provides guidance on same.
What you need to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science and Technology and/or BSc in Occupational Safety & Health Level 8
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role is essential.
- Individuals will be self-motivated and work with a high level of autonomy.
- Great communication skills
- Collaborative, must encourage an open exchange of ideas and knowledge sharing.
- Innovative, proactively seek ideas for improvement and communicates and shares these ideas for improvement with staff and management.
- Mentor and trainer
- Have knowledge of legislation, policies, strategies, and systems needed to implement and maintain a regulated Environmental Health and Safety organization.
- Good leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Project management experience and ability to influence others.
- Proven problem-solving skills under pressure.
- A very high level of attention to detail and mental concentration.
- Flexible and adaptable to the ever-changing needs of the business, from the review of new legislation to new products and their impact on EHS at the plant.
- Results focused striving to meet all targets and metric standards as set by site/department and division leaders.
- Commitment to quality and maintaining a high standard of work at all times.
- Self-motivated, individuals are expected to work on their own initiative.
- Seeks Managers input when making decisions which affect the area.