< Back to results
- Full Time
King and Moffatt has successfully delivered multiple large-scale projects in Ireland, the UK & multiple locations in Europe. We pride ourselves on being a full building services solutions provider. We are looking for an experienced Electrician.
To install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with relevant codes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Maintain current electricians license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
· Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
· Direct and train Apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
· Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
· Use a variety of tools and equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools and testing equipment.
· Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
· Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
· Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
· Scheduling events, programmes and activities, as well as the work of others.
· Comply with all EHSQ policies and procedures as required.
· This list is not exhaustive or exclusive.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Leaving Certificate with a pass in Mathematics desirable.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Manual Handling
· Colour Vision test certified
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS AND DEPUTY
· This role is supervised by Contracts Manager.
· This role supervises Apprentice Electricians.
Some travel may be required. Expectation is that this would not exceed 80% of total working time on average.