< Back to results
Environmental Test & Validation Engineer
- Full Time
Team Horizon currently has an exciting opening for an Environmental Test & Validation Engineer to work on our client’s manufacturing facility in Tuam, Co. Galway
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Our client has developed a stand-out culture of innovation
- Join a team who thrives on providing innovative products and automated services to the automotive industry
- Employees come first. Employees and their well-being are at the heart of their operations and they believe in creating respectful and inclusive workplaces founded on these value
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Communication / Network
- Test service request process, review and analysis.
- Analyse customer specification with the R&D and Quality Project Team Members, challenge the tests requested and define the final validation plan to build the final offer.
- Define the need of specific tools or test bench (procurement, characterization, reliability)
- Define also the associated budget.
- Review customer Environmental/reliability Validation Requirements and Test Plan
- Perform Validation Design reviews (DR0, DR1, DR2)
- Support product Risk Assessments (if applicable) to the product design team.
- Development of Validation Test Plan, Test specification, Timing plan.
- Climatic & Vibration/Shock test fixture requirement review with Prototype Lead.
- Operational Test S/W & H/W Requirements review with R&D Tools group.
- BOM generation: Validation Test bench infrastructure, Cables, External lab identification.
- RFQ with suppliers & Purchase Order generation of all items identified in BOM.
- Test bench H/W procurement, Assembly with support of test technician.
- Test bench H/W & S/W integration & validation with design validation Samples to achieve tester reliability.
- Manage the planning inside the Environmental laboratory and allocate resources (technicians, tools, benches,)
- Responsible for obtaining the specific tools needed for the validation (need specification and follow-up) whenever they are done.
- Manage the cost of the validation activities.
- Familiarize with the working system using test bench equipment to enable view on delivered product and to understand customer problems.
- Carry out all work to comply with Quality Management System and Validation Engineering Processes e.g., Automotive SPICE, ISOTS16949
- Labelling /Cataloging received Test samples as per Test plan.
- Kickoff Test Setup & Execution using test chamber & test bench.
- Operational and Non-operational test Data sorting/review.
- Participate in Failure analysis of Validation issues with support from internal & external customer/report on actions on a daily basis in QRQC meetings until Failure Analysis is closed.
- Reporting & presenting Validation Timing plans, Failure Analysis sheet (5W2H), blocking points, implications of delay to internal project team & external customers (if applicable).
- Customer interaction, meeting preparations and lab visit support.
- Final Customer Report generation, peer review cycle/closure/release to customer.
- Recirculation of test results into design iterations through Design Review’s. Input to concepts and alternate solutions.
- Report validation status to the project team and management on a regular basis (QRQC, 5mm,)
- Generation of customer test reports, peer-reviews of data and follow up on approval
- Create daily and weekly activity reports on project and non-project related activities using dashboards made available.
- Perform problem management role interfacing with customer, allocation of Device Under Test (DUT) failures to appropriate functions and leading weekly review
- Participate in department and platform lessons learned reviews across the various projects.
- Contribute to the improvements of the laboratory’s tools such as: instruction sheet, Test request management tool development and validation of test environment processes automation
- Test Efficiency:
- Minimize test cycle times
- Provide work instructions to test houses to enable efficient transfer of test equipment
- Implement a robust and efficient automated test benches
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- A relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g., Computer & Electronic Engineering, Physics & Instrumentation, Mechatronics
- Min 3 years test engineering experience
- Proficient in National Instruments (LabVIEW/or TestStand)
- Computer literate in MS Office suite.
- Programming in National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand software – Certified LabVIEW
- Developing instrumentation interfacing over PXI, PCI, USB, RS232 & GPIB
- Broad experience in hardware and peripherals
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret complex documents /schematics.
- Knowledge of automotive electronics systems
- Validation experience with knowledge of test & validation methods
- Knowledge of accelerated life testing
- SW applications, Embedded C, C++, Java
- Good team player ability to work within a multinational team environment
- Methodical, professional, self-motivated and level of self-awareness
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be able to react/respond quickly to issues and be able to ‘think on your feet’