< Back to results
- Full Time
JWR has partnered with a global leader Medical Device Industry based in Roscommon. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated Extrusion Technician to join a rapidly expanding market leading multi-national based in Roscommon, 25 mins from Sligo Town.
The Extrusion Technician is responsible for the running of all extrusion products / product iterations & new technology trials, liaising with the technical department on customer requirements with regards to dimensions, performance criteria, materials.
- Working with the Technical Supervisor deliver on a production schedule which effectively achieves output targets and delivery dates.
- Deliver on key performance metrics for the extrusion department.
- Ensure that products manufactured meet the specifications, performance & quality criteria of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Maintain effective communication with the Technical Supervisors and the Manufacturing
- Manager in order to promote awareness of and conform to customer requirements and safety.
- Support and provide technical input on new products/technologies and customer trials to meet scheduled delivery dates, through direct communication at shift handover meetings/project meetings.
- Attain technical expertise in extrusion technologies and materials.
- Work with the Technical Supervisors in implementing training programmes in the extrusion department.
- Actively lead and participate in work centre improvement groups and project teams to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods, conditions, technology and communications.
- Utilise the lean manufacturing tools.
- Support the extrusion manager/project leader on new technology/ tooling/ materials required to meet production and sales objectives.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, particularly housekeeping, GMP and safety.
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages are completed in a timely and accurate manner as per the companies’ quality system to meet shipment dates.
- Complete equipment and process validation activities as per quality system requirements.
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately on a daily basis.
- A relevant third level degree and/or on the job experience would be an advantage.
- Medical device or manufacturing experience is essential.
- Hands on experience in extrusion and plastics material knowledge are preferable.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- A Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.