< Back to results
Field Service Engineer
- Full Time
This position has been filled
Based in Boyle, Co. Roscommon since 1988, Trojan IT has operated successfully in Ireland for over 30 years and have established ourselves as one of Ireland’s leading IT solution’s provider, offering Managed IT Support Services to SME’s, Public Bodies, and multinational clients. We understand the integral role IT plays in all organisations and how essential it is to have an IT Partner that will ensure the optimal running of our client’s IT Systems and the security of their data.
Due to increased growth and demand for our services we have a few positions available for suitably qualified and experienced engineers that are interested in delivering the latest cloud and infrastructure solutions to our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, Field Service IT Engineer to support our client’s hybrid infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow in your career with a forward-thinking company. We are looking for a team player and self-starter with initiative to support and help our customer base optimise their IT Infrastructure across both On-Premises and Cloud Environments.
The Field Service IT Engineer is responsible for onsite & remote service / support needs of our customers. This relates to all technologies across modern and traditional IT environments., including Endpoint Management, Client / Server technologies, Software as a Service (Microsoft 365), networks, vendor specific hardware and software. Secure deployment and support for Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud solutions will also be a key part of the role.
The position offers exposure to a wide variety of technologies, interesting projects, and career progression within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support services for Microsoft related technologies
- Deploy & Support Hybrid and Cloud First Environments using best practice
- Deploying & Supporting Backup & Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Deploy Security solutions
- Utilize and Update Systems Documentation
- Manage the Customer Experience
- Deploy and support Network Infrastructure
- Comply, maintain, and promote information security
- Utilize and Update Systems Documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Advise and Empower customers with appropriate Technical Solutions to help them realise their business goals
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Upskill in new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements
- Work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi and VPN
- Good knowledge of Networking technologies, WAN, LAN, Firewall & Security Solutions
- Good Knowledge of MS Server and Client Operating systems Good knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Solutions
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting capabilities
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care.
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and follow to resolution.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship and communicate across all levels in the organisation
- Understanding of ticketing system, support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- 3rd level qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent experience/certifications
- Relevant IT technical certifications desirable but not essential
- 2 years experiencing providing IT Technical support
- A very competitive salary.
- Company Vehicle
- Employer Pension Scheme
- Performance based incentives.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for career advancement
- Flexible working environment
- Well-established people focused company with a friendly and supportive team
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please apply now with a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.