< Back to results
Finance Operations Manager
- Full Time
JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Finance Manager that will take a hands-on role in the accounting operations and financial reporting of a facility, in Mayo, Ireland.
This key role helps ensure complete and accurate financial information internally and statutorily as well as contributes to the enhancement of accounting processes and controls; and supports the Global Finance and Accounting team and facility cross functionally.
The role will report directly to the Director of Finance – with additional reporting and support to the Controller based in the corporate headquarters (HQ) in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following for the facility; others may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Participate in and manage the accounting operations and financial reporting
- Implement and monitor accounting process and controls and document policies and procedures
- Manage the accounting team; currently one AP team member, the AR function, and collaborate with the Customer Service billings team and other cross functional teams
- Manage the timely collection of accounts receivable and payment of accounts payable
- Perform the month end close process, including bank reconciliations, maintain the fixed asset register and depreciation, record payroll, prepare required journal entries, etc.
- Prepare and issue timely financial statements and identify and report KPIs
- Support the preparation of annual budget and forecasts, and investigate and report significant variances to management
- Provide and review inventory cost reports and assist in the inventory cycle counting process and related reconciliation back to the general ledger
- Process payroll and pension contributions in a timely manner
- Support affiliated corporations on transaction and customer related queries, as required
- Lead the annual audit and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
- Purchase requisition review, authorization and guidance
- Prepare and submit grant applications
- Provide support with financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position.
Education and Experience:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA.
- Ideally 5 years post qualified experience in a manufacturing industry related role.
- Financial and Management Accounting background.
- Experience in analysing financial data and report preparation & presentation, knowledge of Irish GAAP.
- Commercial background with knowledge of ERP systems & product costing.
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills.
- Strong accounting knowledge of AP, AR, Inventory & GL, and month-end close.
- Critical and effective problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work on one’s own initiative to resolve competing priorities and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to adapt to change are key to this role.
- Be a strong team member with the ability to identify and drive efficiency improvements.
- Only non-smokers are permitted to work in the facility. This is due to cigarette particles damaging the products.
- The role may be required to spend some time post hire at the HQ facility. Note: Any travel will be tentative and wholly dependent on the evolving Covid-19 situation and travel risks and restrictions.