< Back to results
Senior Automation Engineer
- Full Time
Reporting to a Business Unit Engineering Manager, this person will design process improvement
and lead-in house automation projects.
- Provide technical guidance from concept through design, development, system delivery,
commissioning and validation.
- Liaise with Engineering team in order to identify opportunities to improve automation
- Develop automation procedures to support and maintain process lines.
- Implement and support automation systems for manufacturing and packaging.
- Assist in setting up new machines and transferring equipment at different plants.
- Provide automated solutions on budget & on time.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in industrial automation technology and introduce
them to plant wide operations to achieve cost savings and improve productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provide automated solutions on budget and on time.
Oversight and control of assigned projects.
Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents, including customer specifications, blue prints, and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external customers, internal
customers and management.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer/client groups.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers in a previous employment.
- Must be capable of coaching and mentoring others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately
document work performed.
- Have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally
- Demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology and structured systematic route cause
- Knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing
and spread sheets, Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, VB.
- Good knowledge of motor drivers.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of machine building.
- Proficiency in hardware and software designs and troubleshooting.
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand;
walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Degree/Diploma in Mechatronics /Electrical Engineering.
Minimum 5 – 8 years relevant experience.
PLC Programming experience/ability.