< Back to results
Head of Group – HSE
- Full Time
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a leading global manufacturing company located in Sligo to recruit a Head of Group – HSE Lead.
This role is for:
An experienced HSE leader with a proven track record of building and driving a global HSE strategy to align with strategic objectives, preferably with manufacturing industry experience.
An excellent communicator and strong team player, able to adopt a hands-on approach with internal stakeholders and external contacts.
Key responsibilities and objectives:
- Build, customize and develop global Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) organization
- Functional responsibility for local HSE representatives globally
- Responsible for implementing and advising HSE policies, procedures & systems to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Drive HSE culture group-wide to establish and sustain “Safety First” mentality
- Provide monthly accident and ignition statistics and all other relevant KPIs
- Implement and develop global HSE certification in accordance to ISO 45001:2018
- Work closely with local Operations and Quality leaders • Practice and ensure active exchange of best practice between all plants
- Review all plants with respect to HSE requirements and provide audit support if needed
- Monitor and plot HSE incidents including analyzing and defining of proper measures
- Train local HSE representatives on all HSE matters adhering to both legal and best practice
- Define and develop group standard operation procedures for all relevant tasks and processes
- Monitor and review site specific improvement projects and initiatives
- Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations and global requirements
- Establishes credibility and builds confidence and trust quickly
- Highly developed intercultural competencies
- Team player with a high degree of interoperability
- Affinity with technical products
- Initiative taker and strong self-starter
- Ability of bridging conflicting interests of concerned parties
- Tenacity to overcome issues and resolve problems and drive projects on time
- Available to support a high level of business travel (20-40%) primarily in Europe, North America and with some APAC travels too.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar role within manufacturing organizations, at least with EMEA-wide area of responsibility
- Multi-Site experience is necessary.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree related to Health & Safety/Environment, Engineering or Operations
- Excellent leadership skills while managing remote teams internationally
- Good analytical thinking with the ability to spot noncompliance and potential risks
- Outstanding communication skills with all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- IT literate – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint as well as ERP systems, preferably SAP or Oracle-based solutions
- Data rational and good numeracy skills
- Fluent in English and another European language, both written and spoken