< Back to results
In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor
- Full Time
- On site
We have an exciting opening for a In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor to work on our client’s growing laboratory Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo. This role will be responsible for a Cell Culture/Virology Laboratory along with a team of 2-3 Analysts.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Be part of a global organization. With a presence in over 20 countries, our client is strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving unique challenges.
- Start with the knowledge that your work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
- The role is generously compensated, and attracts a competitive base salary and highly attractive benefits package.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Supervise the quality of work produced by the Cell Culture/Virology team
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and oversee safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these.
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Create, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Helping in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department, where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Help Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Raw data review.
- Ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc. are retained and archived according SOP’s.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to clients, the Cell Culture/Virology team and other departments.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Collaborate with consultants and external services (e.g., subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment is maintained to standards.
- Purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks to analyst, ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor in science degree
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in scientific research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in analytical techniques (e.g., HPLC, ELISA, Western Blot) is essential.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.