< Back to results
IT Support Analyst
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
Our client, a leading medical device company based in Galway is looking for an IT Support Analyst to join their team. This is an entry level position to provide internal customer service to the employees of the client regarding IT system support. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast –paced, team-driven, “lean” systems environment, where every day brings new projects and challenges.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain network infrastructure- Work to provide maximum availability of data and voice services or devices. Keep documentation current to ensure accurate data when troubleshooting or analysis is required.
- Mitigate risks presented by virus/adware/spyware threats- Immediately take corrective action on any virus/adware/spyware identified by corporate utilities to protect the integrity of data and the network. Apply patches and hotfixes as directed by Level 2 IT staff.
- User Support- Utilize IT ticketing system to field, record and document problem resolutions for end users. Recognize their needs, provide solutions related to the use of desktop software, hardware and common systems. Train users in efficient use of software and systems.
- IT Organization support- Communicate with and support activities of the fellow IT staffs in Telecom & Infrastructure, Server and Client, ERP and PMO groups. Participate in SME group activities.
- Training- Train users to use appropriate tools, services and to be self-sufficient.
- Accurately record and track current IT assets in sites.
- Phone Systems- Provide local support for the Telecommunications Strategy.
- Working towards degree computers or IT related discipline.
- Basic understanding in an IT discipline with help desk or IT support, preferred.
- Either previous help desk experience, desktop experience, or network administration experience with client interfacing.
- Exposure to customer service with a passion for helping people through problem solving.
- Experience with LAN, Desktop PC’s, Applications and Operating systems.
- Committed to continually learning and keeping pace with industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers.
- Excellent communication, active listening, facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute projects / tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills. Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Good reasoning abilities, sound judgment and team player.
- Good organizational skills with focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Some domestic and International travel maybe required.
- Overtime as needed to meet critical needs or project deadlines.
- Ability to work with remote supervision; to work in teams or independently.
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot®Recruitment
“The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”