< Back to results
Lead Software Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps. These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. Join us! There’s never been a better time to do your life’s best work℠
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems
- Full stack engineering lead for CDS platform and applications.
- Oversees the technologies, tools and techniques used by the team
- Ensure that development standards, security policies and procedures are adhered to
- Work with the scrum team to get projects developed and implemented
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting
- Automate the build and deployment of infrastructure, product features
- Troubleshoot and support the full-cycle incident response (mitigation, correction, prevention)
- Support efforts to simplify clinical data load process to drive data quality and reconciliation
- Ensure that all capabilities developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Define and execute processes that enhance code quality including peer code reviews to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Collaborate with the Business and IT teams to develop process improvement initiatives
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader / mentor
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in software development lifecycle experience and testing experience in Java, API development
- Extensive experience working with relational databases
- Experience working with RESTful services
- Agile delivery experience
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub
- Experience with containers and container-related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic
- Working experience in a DevOps environment
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience performing root cause analysis for production Issues
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Experience with Angular and/or React
- Experience with Scala
- Knowledge of RDBMS (PostGreSql, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience enabling systems for Disaster Recovery, providing Redundancy and Resiliency in Architecture
- Experience with AI/ML
- Experience and In-depth knowledge of Azure Cloud platform
- Knowledge of HL7 / FHIR standards
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.