< Back to results
Machine Vision Engineer
- Full Time
The Machine Vision Engineer is a highly technical role that is crucial to the success of producing the company’s high-quality automation equipment for use in the Medical Device and Pharma industries. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vision Engineer to work as part of the engineering project team. You will have the opportunity of developing leading-edge vision applications that integrate with our complex automation equipment and will have exposure to other technologies such as robotics and controls systems. The role contributes significantly to the continued success of Ward Automation.
- Responsible for developing Machine Vision Applications including proof of principle through to the final solution
- Liaising with the design team in specifying vision hardware requirements
- Perform all vision software programming activities
- Research and coordinate the introduction and implementation of new machine vision technologies
- Manages the vision portions of projects as part of the larger schedule ensuring that timelines and targets are achieved
- Provide training to team members and customers
- Give detailed input for all vision related documentation (FDS,IQ,OQ)
- Execute the vision validation portions of protocols
- Work with the engineering team during machine debug
- Communicate effectively with other project team members
- Experience working on computer vision systems such as MVTec HALCON, Cognex VisionPro, OpenCV, LabVIEW, Mathlab, NI VDM, Euresys Open eVision, IDS, Matrox, Keyence CV-X, Teledyne DALSA, or other machine vision software.
- Proficient at using image processing techniques such as convolution, morphological operators, image transformations, etc.
- Ability to code in C++, C# or Python
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Cognex VisionPro experience
- Experience working on Machine learning vision systems
- Experience with applications focusing on defect detection, OCR, 2D code reading
- Setting up GigE cameras and configuring features
- Network design fundamentals
- Experience designing and specifying optics and lighting for machine vision applications
- 2 years minimum in Computer vision programming
- Qualification to level 8 in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or Technology discipline
An attractive salary and remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Email covering letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.