< Back to results
Melt Extrusion Engineer
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
Our client are a global leader of polymer solutions and advanced technologies for the Medical, Automotive, Aerospace and Energy sectors.
The Melt Extrusion Process Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting materials, processes and tooling-related production issues to improve and optimise the extrusion process. The individual will be responsible for creating, developing and carrying out process improvements.
- Troubleshoot materials, processes, and tooling production issues in a plastic extrusion environment
- Lead process optimisation and continuous process improvement activities
- Assist in transition of new equipment installation to manufacturing facilities including training of production and maintenance personnel. Perform Equipment Installation qualification (IQ) and process validation that includes operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ).
- Support flawless launch of new product activities through active participation in FMEA, part and tool design reviews, Kaizen and other cross-functional team events.
- Attain technical expertise in extrusion technologies and materials; communicate & train extrusion personnel.
- Researches available technologies with the objective of improving product quality, reducing cost and/or increasing capacity.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure safe, continuous operation of extrusion equipment
- Participate in cross-functional projects with Manufacturing, Sales, R&D, Safety and Quality teams including statistical analysis, customer support and technology transfer.
- Participate in daily morning meetings to communicate production needs, issues, and priorities
- Provide production technical support in areas of responsibility
- Reduce cost of existing products through process enhancement and variation reduction
- Develop and implement process improvements to optimise yield/ efficiency performance.
- Monitor/track change-overs and scrap reporting to reduce change-over time and scrap.
- Track production utilisation/ downtime. Provide monthly reports summarising KPIs/ current projects.
- Work closely with Production Managers to resolve ongoing production issues
- Assist Production Management with development, review, and update of best practice operating procedures, JIBs, safe systems of work
- Assist Manufacturing and R&D personnel in developing new products and processes with hands on involvement
- Lead/participate in root cause investigation of customer complaints, and quality audit findings. Lead/participate in implementation of preventive actions to prevent quality complaints
- Degree in Engineering or Science (Materials, Chemistry, Mechanical, Polymer)
- Prior experience in polymer extrusion, Plastics experience (Injection / Extrusion) / Extrusion experience (Rubber, etc) / Medical device process
- Knowledge of material testing methods, e.g. Tensile, DSC, DMTA, FTIR
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving & communication skills; Team and independent working abilities
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- High degree of proficiency with computer databases, DOE and statistical analysis (Six Sigma experience highly desirable)
- Experience in Continuous improvement, Kaizen, SPC, and TPM
- Experience with tight tolerance tube extrusions
- Bump tubing, multi-lumens, multi-durometer, flange, flare, and heat shrinkable tubing experience
- Resins experience with FEP, PFA, ETFE, PVDF, PEEK, Nylon, Pebax, and Polyurethane
- Solid Works experience
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot®Recruitment
“We are the Resource for the MedTech Workforce”