< Back to results
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
Our Client, a leading medical device Company, based in Sligo is looking for a Metrology Engineer to join their team.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Applies measurement science, mathematics, physics, and engineering to design and develop systems, equipment, and methods for calibrating electrical, dimensional, optical, physical, mechanical, environmental, and/or chemical inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE).
- Develops inspection strategies and new inspection techniques to meet business needs.
- Analyzes and solves calibration problems using advanced mathematical and engineering knowledge.
- Interprets drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to identify product inspection requirements.
- Uses statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes.
- Recommends calibration standards and IM&TE.
- Maintains calibration laboratory and/or quality systems.
- Perform laboratory and/or departmental administration and management as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as required by management.
- Relevant degree qualification – i.e Quality , Manufacturing or Engineering.
- 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in set-up and operation of inspection equipment.
- Proficient in reading/interpreting engineering drawings and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Proficient in mathematical applications.
- Experienced with CMM programming platforms like PC-DMIS/ COSMOS and/ or CALYPSO programming experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software.
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
“The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”