< Back to results
Molecular Biology Supervisor
- Full Time
- On site
We have an exciting opening for a Molecular Biology Supervisor to work in our client’s growing Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Be part of a global organization. With a presence in over 20 countries, our client is strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving unique challenges.
- Start with the knowledge that your work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
- The role is generously compensated, and attracts a competitive base salary and highly attractive benefits package.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Supervise the quality of work produced by the Molecular Biology team and make sure it aligns to Standard Operating Procedures and GMP principles.
- Make sure all client projects are delivered on time, including – but not limited to, bacterial cell line characterization, DNA hybridization assays, reverse transcriptase testing, lsoenzyme analysis, and PCR assays.
- Support and take part in cross functional communication and laboratory activities
- Implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these.
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Training, developing, coordinating and giving training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Helping in the transfer of assays from clients to the department.
- Taking part in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assisting in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assisting project leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the analytical functional manager.
- Supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Reviewing raw data.
- Ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc. are retained and archived according SOP’s.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering presentations to clients, the Molecular Biology team and other departments.
- Assist in test item receipt (LIMS), storage, disposal and decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g., subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks for all staff and ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor of Science degree
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in scientific research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Supervising/managing staff experience
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, especially PCR and Q-PCR and project management desirable.
- Practice in establishment and validation of molecular biology methods is highly desirable
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Brilliant communication and organizational skills.