< Back to results
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Principal Engineer – Galway – Medical Device
This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer at Principal Level looking for the next step in their career or an Engineering Manager that is looking for a new challenge.
This role will suit someone that has a strong manufacturing, process & product development background with good project management skills.
Technical transfer, Design Control & Vendor management experience are highly advantageous.
Exciting new career opportunity for the right person!
Purpose of role
- You will work as a key member of the management team and product development teams.
- You will be integral in the development of innovative manufacturing processes and strategies.
Educational / Professional Requirements
- Third Level Qualification in Engineering/ Manufacturing /Production or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of the EU and US regulations for the manufacture and supply of medical devices.
- Minimum 10 years operations/engineering experience in an engineering role in the medical device industry with a successful history of manufacturing line set up, product, and process validations.
- Experience in selecting and assessing vendors for medical device component production and assembly.
- Strong background and experience in the set-up, validation and optimisation of manufacturing processes and associated test methods.
- Hands on and team leader experience in product development and stage gate processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience utilising statistical techniques.
- Experience with design control-based product development.
- Strong knowledge and experience of medical device assembly and packaging requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in application of problem-solving. techniques, to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Experience in project managing development projects.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of technologies.
- Very good technical report writing skills.
- Knowledge of clean-room manufacturing processes and methodologies.
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Deirdre Sheehan
086 046 4671