< Back to results
Principal IT Engineer
- Full Time
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Principal Engineer provides expert technical support and advice to users across multiple sites, platforms and technologies and guides the activities of others within the Service Delivery Team. S/he will also be responsible for implementing IT projects and consultations with customers.
The postholder reports to the Head of Technical Solutions on a day to day basis.
- Working across teams and closely with our customers, to promote and deliver high quality technical support on site and remotely.
- Mentor and support the development and excellence of engineers across the team.
- Responding to and resolving technical issues for our customers.
- Responding to escalating issues from team or clients as appropriate
- Manage set-up activities for medium to large scale deployments/projects
- Ensure changes and enhancements are carried out to the required standard and on schedule.
- Generate reports and recommendations for Managed Services Customers.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication with management and customers at all times.
- Achieve KPI’s for each of the services delivered
- Monitoring and Management of System Alerts and Notifications and respond accordingly.
- Maintain effective external relationships with vendors, consultants, and service providers; leveraging these relationships to ensure that the best fit solutions and resources are available to the company.
- Analyse reactive service tickets to look for trends and underlying problems and look for ways to improve, by preventing issues and eliminating end user request.
- Develop, review and maintain support documentation to assist others in restoring services and reduce the impact of unplanned outages.
- Research and test new product offerings which may become part of our service offerings
- Participate in afterhours maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting and/or on-call availability
The above is not intended to be a full list of all duties involved and consequently, you may be required to perform other appropriate duties assigned to you from time to time.
- Relevant third level degree and or minimum 5-10 years industry experience in a similar role.
- Full clean driver’s license
- Technical Knowledge of the following (not limited to the list below):
- Windows 7, 10.
- MS Windows Server: 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019Domain Controller Setup.
- Active Directory Administration.
- Group Policy Management.
- DHCP & DNS Management.
- AD Domain Migrations.
- Remote Desktop Server configurations.
- SQL Server setups.
- MS Exchange 2010 and above.
- Remote Desktop Server implementations.
- Virtualisation – Hyper V & VMware.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN’s).
- CloudOffice 365.
- Microsoft 365.
- Azure AD.
- Google Cloud
- Networking-Managed Switches.
- Wireless Access Points, stand alone, mesh.
- Routers / Bridging.
- SecurityFirewalls such as SonicWall, Fortinet, Cisco, other.
- Spam Filtering.
- Web Filtering.
- Endpoint protection such as Bitdefender,
- Security best practices
- Backup setups such as ArcServe, Veeam, Symantec, CommVault, Azure Backup.
- Disaster Recovery, including Azure Site Recovery or equivalent.