< Back to results
Process Improvement Manager
- Full Time
JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Process Improvement Manager to join Ireland’s largest home based clothing manufacturer.
This is a 40 hour working week, usually Monday-Friday 8.00-16.30, based in Westport, Co. Mayo.
Our client is Ireland’s largest home based clothing manufacturer offering the very best in both traditional and contemporary designs and complementary products. Located on Ireland’s wild Atlantic coast, they are truly inspired by their unique environment, they draw inspiration from their surroundings into every design to produce products that reflect the rich history of this enchanting part of the world
Reporting into the Production Operations Manager, the purpose of this role is to improve process method, performance and quality to improve the effectiveness of the Production Department.
Working closely with the Production Manager, the successful candidate will look at
- the processes a product follows during production, with emphasis on operation timings.
- the specification that the product should meet.
- the quality of the product.
- the sourcing of product and material
- Involvement in project work as the company expands.
Look at Process improvement through A) Method Study and B) Time study throughout
- Manage and Lead weekly Process Improvement meetings.
- Report on quality, ensuring standards are maintained through process change.
- Performance management of teams and individuals.
- Assist in the general management of production, when required
- Control specifications and conformance.
- Look at the induction of new product to ensure costing detail is accurate.
- Sourcing product and raw materials to meet cost/ quality benefit.
- Work study experience required.
- Pro-active and driven with great leadership skills.
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial and confident manner with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Experience in similar role is desirable but not essential.
- 3rd level relevant education and great I.T skills required.