< Back to results
Process & Product Development Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Our client is seeking to recruit a Mechanical / Biomedical Engineer required for Mayo based multinational medical device company.
- Provides support for development of new products and processes, and interfacing with Quality, Maintenance and Operations functions.
- Product/machine validation and testing
- Provides support to Operations to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- Analyses and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems
- Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
- Evaluates new machinery and technology
- Process costing
- Report writing and preparing presentations to communicate findings
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes :
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or equivalent).
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques
- Strong aptitude for material science, with an interest in metallurgy. Training will be delivered internally on the relevant metallurgical knowledge and principles; the candidate will be expected to apply that knowledge to process improvements and new process development.
- Minimum 3 years industrial experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma qualification desirable
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, open minded- able to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks
- A good understanding of FMEA, ISO 9001:2015 and/or ISO 13485 is desirable
For more information Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment on 087 189 7611 or firstname.lastname@example.org