< Back to results
Process Technician (Electrical)
- Full Time
- Salary: €35,000 - €40,000 per year
CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Process Technician to work onsite with a leading medical device multinational client in Galway. This is a long term contract with a view to permanency.
About the job:
This job is based on either
- Day shift Mon-Fri 6am-2pm
- Evening shift 2pm-10pm and
- Night shift 10pm-6am or weekends (Sat & Sun 6am-6pm and two 8hr weekdays to make 39hr week).
These shifts will not alternate. You will work straight days or evenings or nights.
Salary: Excellent rates given with shift premium for evening (20%) and night shifts(27.5%) and weekend shift (25%)
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of less-invasive medical devices.
Key responsibilities of the Process Technician
- Strong Electrical background with hands on experience with electrical and mechanical instrumentation. Experience in high volume manufacturing/ automation an advantage
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems or workshop machining desirable
- Polymer processing, Balloon Forming or Grinding process experience an advantage
- Yield Management – Ability to manage yield on an hour by hour basis and analyse trends and identify opportunities for improvement
- Problem Solving – Formal problem solving is desirable. Strong mechanical problem solving skills essential. Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records
- Experience in a Healthcare medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Microsoft office proficient – Able to analyse data in Excel and draw logical conclusions
- Communication skills. Ability to explain and communicate issues effectively
- Team work – Ability to work with Operators & as part of a Core Production team – Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience in process improvements including tooling / fixture design, build and implementation
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills important
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation
For further information regarding this job opportunity please contact Rachel McMahon on 086 0127415