< Back to results
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
Our Client, a leading Medical Device company in Galway, is looking for an R&D Engineer to join their team are recruiting for the position of R&D Technician. They are looking for a motivated individual with a hands-on mindset, problem solving skills and with experience supporting calibration and preventative maintenance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is calibrated and preventative maintenance is completed.
- Contribute to ongoing development, improvement and extension of the company’s existing technology and intellectual property portfolio through innovation and invention.
- Create drawings/specifications of prototypes, components and fixtures.
- Develop and perform engineering studies for design verifications and validations.
- Write technical procedures, protocols, specifications and reports.
- Commit to ongoing personal development to improve technical skillsets.
- Develop an understanding of the disease state and clinical needs, and keep up to date with current devices and technologies
- Minimum Level 7 or equivalent in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline is required.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation is required, with the ability to take input from colleagues.
- Relevant experience working in the medical device industry. Experience ensuring laboratory equipment is calibrated and preventative maintenance is completed is advantageous.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to contribute and participate in a dynamic team environment is required but must also enjoy working independently when needed as well.
- Good knowledge of mechanical analysis & design.
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise project tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint & CAD
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
“The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”