< Back to results
- Full Time
We are seeking applications for an experienced Reliability Engineer for our client, who is a leading biopharmaceutical company based in Westport, Co. Mayo for a 1-year fixed-term contract basis. The role holder is responsible for driving continuous equipment reliability improvements with the aim of reducing the risk levels to the business. Within in the role, you will provide leadership for key equipment assets that ensures reliability is maintained at the highest levels. Additionally, in the new role you will support execution of the business unit (BU) maintenance excellence program (MEP) plans and associated metrics.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class manufacturing operation, with an outstanding track record of reliably delivering high-quality medicines to patients around the world suffering serious illnesses.
- There is a strong culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the company to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
- Our client is developing the capability to produce all its medicines, helping to ensure continuity of supply of our medicines as they expand internationally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Supporting the MEP by providing weekly & monthly reports and on targeting critical equipment assets for optimization and continuous improvement activities.
- Training employees on reliability processes, train supervision on the impact that the operators and technicians can have on reliability.
- Understanding the Biologics process by evaluating process and technical data, literature, and work closely with E&T dept.
- Guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems
- Developing engineering solutions to repetitive failures and apply knowledge in methods and processes to prevent or reduce the likelihood of frequency of failures in site systems.
- Analysing failure history to determine the reliability characteristics of key systems, and from this analysis develop long term solutions to reoccurring issues.
- Developing and enforcing an Asset operation plan that will ensure optimum utilization and operating efficiency of facility’s assets, and development of an asset maintenance plan to ensure adequate levels of sustaining effective maintenance for each plant asset within BU.
- Adhering to life cycle asset management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets and conduct root cause failure analysis (RCFA) by understanding and applying failure data analysis techniques, perform analysis of asset and production equipment performance to include asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), Mean Time between failure (MTBF) and remaining useful life as guiding parameters.
- Engaging with project engineering to review maintenance and installation plans for new equipment and provide reliability and maintainability specifications for changes, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Facilitating the MEP RCM & RCA program on-site; using Lean Tools to identify the root cause of problems and implement effective actions to ensure non-recurrence
- Defining an approach to risk management that will anticipate reliability related and non-reliability related risks that could have adverse operational impact.
- Supporting and attending BU process team meetings on NCR & RCA and lead technical investigations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a relevant discipline, or Trade qualification with 6 – 8 years engineering experience
- 5+ years’ work experience.
- Great IT Skills, and proficient in the use of computer-based Maintenance Management system
- Experience of six sigma methodology would be beneficial.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills under pressure.
- Innovative thinking, where new and untested solutions are proposed, demonstrated and implemented on a regular basis.
- High level of attention to detail and mental concentration.
- Commitment to quality and maintaining a high standard of work at all times
- Be results driven striving to meet all targets and metric standards as set by site/department and division leaders.
- Demonstrate highest levels of integrity and strong work ethic