< Back to results
Senior Cloud Specialist
- Full Time
Senior Cloud Engineer
Our client, a medical device company based in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Cloud Engineer on a permanent basis.
The Senior Specialist, Cloud Engineer leads the development, support, and oversight of infrastructure within the cloud environment.
– Design, development, and support of cloud environment, specifically Microsoft Azure
– Accountable for measuring, identifying & implementing enhancements in the cloud environment that will result in optimal financial value & performance for the business.
– Effectively partners with other groups at Hollister to maintain efficient cloud environment(s)
– Provides support to complex cloud environment problems
Senior Specialist, Cloud Engineer must have an excellent understanding of cloud presence(s) and how they integrate with the on-premise environment(s). This position must understand complex cloud technologies and be able to communicate their effectiveness and value to Senior IT Leadership. It is crucial that this position be able to partner with other teams inside IT and in the business. It is expected that this position makes optimization recommendations that are based on sound financial and technical evaluations and follows through with the implementation of the recommendations with a focus on standardization. Individual must display ability to be agile and flexible with multiple tasks in parallel. Individual must display ability to independently prioritize tasks based on team strategy.
– Accountable for design, development & support of cloud environment(s):
– Collaborating on design & architecture of cloud environment infrastructure with Enterprise Architecture team.
– Leads development of infrastructure in the cloud environment(s).
– Creates clear & concise documentation of infrastructure development and standards.
– Provides governance recommendations to ensure cloud environment(s) are secure.
– Implements governance recommendations.
– Leads troubleshooting of complex cloud-only and hybrid cloud infrastructure problems.
– Ensures that all system implementations are carried out in full accordance with the approved control procedures and standards.
– Ensures that all systems selected or developed comply with Hollister Cyber Security policies and industry best practices.
– Accountable for identifying & implementing enhancements in the cloud environment that will result in optimal financial value and performance for the business.
– Responsible for devising decision model for dynamic sizing of environment based on known inputs
– Monitors cloud environment to ensure optimal financial and performance-based balance of environment
– Makes recommendations to enhance environment for optimal performance and financial value
– Implements recommendations to optimise environment(s)
– Communicates current state of the environment(s) to senior IT leadership on a periodic basis
– Effectively partners with other groups at Hollister to maintain optimal cloud environment(s) leading to a successful business
– Works closely with Enterprise architecture, Cyber Security and Operations teams to ensure collaborative vision of cloud environment infrastructure.
– Works closely with IT finance to ensure cloud environment runs within budget.
– Works closely with managed service providers & Operations teams to ensure governance and optimal operation of cloud environment.
– Effectively communicates with IT management to ensure everyone has solid understanding of current state of cloud environment
– Works with international business teams and is able to participate in project meetings with international colleagues. Flexible work hours to meet international timelines.
– Collaborates with team members on various technology initiatives.
– Remains current with emerging industry standards, including obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications.
– Maintains working knowledge of business
– Maintains working knowledge of large array of complex technologies in and outside of the current Hollister environment
– Has ability to establish and work within a consistent engineering framework according to Hollister standards where available, creating, gaining approval, and distributing standards from scratch as required.
– Has ability to establish and work within a consistent documentation framework.
– Facilitates technology transitions during project lifecycle.
– Contributes to maintaining team documentation.
– Ensures availability of adequate user and system documentation that cover system specifications, operational guides, and recovery plans.
Essential Functions of the Role
– A high aptitude, disciplined, analytical mind which thinks quickly and logically.
– High level of communication and inter-personal skills.
– Talk on the phone with suppliers and Hollister associates.
– Read technical manuals/trade journals.
– Use a personal computer.
– Travel via plane or automobile.
Work Experience Requirements
– Minimum 5-7 years overall work experience with infrastructure environments
– Minimum of 3-5 years designing and implementing complex infrastructure in Microsoft Azure (or equivalent cloud environment)
– Experience with designing and implementing complex infrastructure in virtual and physical environments (e.g. vmware, Microsoft Hyper-V, etc) will be an advantage but not required
– Minimum technical college diploma with relevant work experience (see above)
– Minimum Microsoft Azure Administrator certification: Microsoft Azure Architect Solutions architect preferred.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
Strong understanding of infrastructure fundamentals in Azure. Examples include:
o Virtual networks, virtual network gateways, load balancers, user defined routing, network monitoring, network security groups, application security groups, high availability, Azure backups, Express Routes, Azure Front door, Application Proxy, storage tiers, resource deployment, identify management, Azure AD, Azure conditional access, SAML, storage accounts, intune
Must have good understanding and ability to write JSON ARM templates and powershell scripts
Good understanding of financial fundamentals in Azure
Strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems including Active Directory, Users, Security Groups and folder structure, ability to build servers from scratch
Significant experience in global infrastructure design, build and implementation
Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
Ability to lead discussions and take independent ownership of tasks
Customer service skills (ability to deal with difficult & complex social situations).
Strong interpersonal skills.
Team player who understands their role within the team and communicates with team members and management effectively.
Useful but not required:
Scripting and development experience
Strong understanding of SQL environments and/or Azure SQL
Experience with 3rd party backup technologies such as Commvault, Veeam
Bonus / Incentives
Permanent Associates are paid an annual bonus in line with the Performance Management programme – individual performance on target bonus 7.5%
Annual Entitlement: 23 days
Defined Contribution Pension Plan. The Associate contribution is 4% of basic salary, with the Company contributing 8% of basic salary.
Private Health Care
Private medical coverage for Associate and immediate family with VHI Company Plan PMI1911 upon commencement of employment.
Death in Service: 4 x current annual salary
For further information on this cloud role in Mayo please contact Dee on 086 7902191/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval