< Back to results
Senior Employee Relations Specialist – 12 month contract
- Full Time
- On site
- Remote hybrid
- Salary: Competitive Salary, Family Healthcare, Pension, Bonus, Holidays
At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations
At our Employee and Labour Relations Centre of Expertise, within the Human Resources Function of Medtronic, we are a trusted partner who provides Employee Relations and Labour Relations Expertise, Guidance and Resources utilizing a balanced approach contributing to a positive work environment. We Engage the organization to proactively apply data driven decisions and minimize risk and costs. We are committed to building skill sets and organizational effectiveness while delivering innovative solutions. The Senior Employee Relations Specialist is directly involved in providing expert judgment and advice to supervisors, managers, employees, and HR colleagues regarding a broad range of employee relations matters with the aim of ensuring a positive employee experience and adherence to company policies.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
• As an ER team member, you will have responsibility for Employee and Labour Relations activities in a unionized environment, consisting of 3000+ employees.
• You will contribute to the development of the Human Resource function by designing, implementing and developing an ER strategy that is aligned with business needs.
• You will be responsible for influencing and providing timely expert advice to managers around the application and interpretation of a wide spectrum of issues including disciplinary, grievance, diversity and bullying and harassment. You will provide effective management of cases, engaging key stakeholders and developing solutions with expert advice.
• You will develop policies, trainings, and communications and provide recommendations for proactive policy revision and/or improving employee relations management in the formal discipline or termination of employees.
• You will lead the preparation for any WRC/legal matters that may arise.
• You will support the execution & implementation of ER programs and initiatives and keep up to date with current ER legislation and developments and ensure same are updated in the company’s HR policies.
• You will participate in responding effectively to employee relations queries in a timely manner and ensure the company is legally protected in all employee related matters, while considering the employee experience and balancing appropriate risk.
• You will counsel and provide assistance to employees and all levels of management in employee or management issues guided by the company’s employee relations policies and employment legislation.
• You will conduct workplace investigations and disciplinary processes in a systematic, thorough and impartial fashion. You will strive to resolve issues in a timely and effective fashion.
• You will own and drive individual projects and activities focused on reducing ER issues whilst developing a culture of manager self-sufficiency.
• You will analyse employee relations data and identify trends and recommend solutions to improve process, culture and performance. Arising out of data from our dedicated Case Management System (ServiceNow) you will design and implement pro-active employee relations strategies to reduce ER cases.
• You will be the main point of contact for all Union engagement and will ensure that a cooperative working relationship is maintained with the union.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level in HR / Legal or related discipline. Ideally you will have 5 to 7+ years relevant industry experience of providing expert advice and judgment to relevant stakeholders in a multi-national cross functional organization.
• You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. You are experienced with an in depth understanding of Irish employment law relating to case management and associated risks, a thorough understanding of HR policy and processes and proven experience in employee relations.
• Previous experience in a unionized environment an advantage.
• Strong credibility and ability to influence at a senior level with strong stakeholder management skills, coaching skills, ability to work at a strategic and operational level and to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities are required.
• You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
• Post Graduate qualification desirable.