< Back to results
Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
Our Client, a leading Medtech Company in Galway is hiring a Senior EH & S Specialist. The successful candidate will work with the Environmental, Health and Safety Team providing technical support on environmental, health and safety management and will report directly to the EH&S Manager. Our Client’s Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with environmental and government regulations.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and monitor environmental, health & safety programmes to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company technical standards.
- Lead and support existing EHS Programmes to include but not limited to: Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Environment Management, Machine Safety.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure active compliance with EHS programs.
- Coordinate site environmental management programmes, driving continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to energy reduction, waste etc.
- Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal tier board reporting structure.
- Identify and address site EHS issues and concerns.
- Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment. Deliver EHS related training programmes to all levels within the organization.
- Support the EHS accident and incident management process on-site in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements. Including investigations, root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action management.
- Coordinate and conduct internal EHS auditing and inspection.
- Play an important role in promoting and driving a pro-active health & safety culture.
- Level 8 degree in Health and Safety or related field.
- Environmental Qualification preferred.
- 7+ years experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation.
- Self-motivated, results and solution-oriented.
- Proven ability to bring about a change of culture in H&S.
- Proven team player.
- Well-developed communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in using common word processing software, excel, database applications, presentation software, and email.
- Technical writing skills.
Fantastic Remuneration on offer for the Right Candidate!
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
“The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”