< Back to results
Senior Finance Consultant
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
This position has been filled
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Optum, the fast growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
In this role you will lead the OGA Intersegment Billing team for margin and non-margin business spanning 6 geographies. You will be responsible for a team of 3 based in India. The I/S billing process is undergoing transformation with emphases on moving away from manual processes and introducing digital consolidated OGA invoicing. In this position you will be involved in assessing current processes, streamlining, and standardising to aid digitalisation and automation. You will contribute significantly to the transformation over the next few years.
- Manage month end billing directing and supporting the billing team
- Providing month end estimate with commentary against prior month, forecast, budget etc. for all models and line of business.
- Supporting the various OGA finance function with invoicing and billing reports and dashboards
- Managing customer relationship and providing a high quality of service when collaborating on customer queries.
- Continuously review and enhance current processes to reduce turnaround time, leaning into technology and automation to achieve.
- Enhance current processes with automation and system integration
- Introduce digital invoicing and customer platform
- Enhance the transparency of billing and customer experience by implementing new billing chargeback accounts and engaging with the customers for feedback.
- Assessing new billing models and billing methodology and integrate into the billing systems
- Execution and delivery of projects with team support
- Strong experience with system integration, recognising interactions between systems in a methodical and systematic way.
- Very strong accounting skills and understanding of complex organisation cost structures.
- Strong understanding of costs structure and inter-segment relationships.
- A high level of stakeholder management internally and externally.
- Strong finance / accounting skill sets and working within a complex organisation structure
- Understanding the uniqueness of each business / system and how they all come together in a consolidated process.
- Proven Experience managing teams in other geographical locations
- Experience with SQL or MPWR is desired
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.