< Back to results
Senior I O Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
This role is in the Customer Transformation Team within the Customer Relationships & Implementation Services (CRIS) organization and bridges gaps between customer proficiency and infrastructure delivery. The Customer Transformation Team is comprised of Cloud Transformation and Customer Enablement capabilities. The right person will be involved in the continued development of a foundational portal tool – to help users navigate the Enterprise Enablement & Platform Services (EEPS) organizational structure, processes, and technologies. Development and support of the portal will be the primary focus of this role. Join us! There’s never been a better time to do your life’s best work℠
- Predict, understand, and document customer information needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Interact with and report regularly to the Program Manager, executive project sponsors, and senior technology leadership
- Responsible for the custom development and support of our portal application, enabling the CRIS organization to access technical information and deliver value faster to our business partners
- Create and execute test cases for our portal application
- Deploy the application on web servers where needed and perform the end to end testing manually
- Help team to capture all the data and workflow related information of customer access to information associated with EEPS organization, processes, and technologies
- Perform research on various technologies and suggest creative information sharing solutions
- Design and generate various customer usage and metrics reports
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Previous infrastructure technology experience such as server, network, security and data center infrastructure for application, middleware, database and web environments
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent IT-related concepts effectively with executive-level management
- Agile methodology and delivery experience
- Proficiency in computer software including MS PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Experience in SDLC from Software Requirements Analysis Phase to Design, Documentation, Development, Testing, Integration, Implementation (UAT & production) and Maintenance
- Previous Healthcare experience
- Previous experience using productivity tools including CA Rally and Service Now
- Professional consulting
- Experience coding in Python and Docusaurus
- Experience working with Git version control and Jenkins
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.