< Back to results
Senior IT Engineer
- Full Time
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Senior Engineer provides technical support and advice to users across multiple sites, platforms and technologies. S/he will also be responsible for implementing IT projects for our clients.
The postholder reports to the Head of Technical Solutions on a day to day basis.
- Working across teams and closely with our customers, promote and deliver high quality technical support.
- Responding to and resolving technical issues for our customers.
- Escalating issues to management as appropriate
- Manage set-up activities for small to medium scale deployments/projects
- Ensure changes and enhancements are carried out to the required standard and on time.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication with management and customers at all times.
Achieve KPI’s for each of the services delivered
- Maintain effective internal and external relationships with vendors, customers and service providers.
- Develop, review and maintain support documentation to assist others in restoring services and reduce the impact of unplanned outages.
Research and test new product offerings which may become part of our service offering.
- Relevant third level degree and or minimum 2-3 years industry experience in a similar role.
- Full Clean Drivers License.
- Technical Knowledge of the following:
- Windows 7, 10
- MS Windows Server: 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019Domain Controller Setup.
- Active Directory Administration.
- Group Policy Management.
- DHCP & DNS Management.
- AD Domain Migrations.
- Remote Desktop Server configurations.
- SQL Server setups.
- MS Exchange 2010 and above.
- Remote Desktop Server implementations.
- SecurityFirewalls such as SonicWall, Fortinet, Cisco, other.
- Spam Filtering.
- Web Filtering.
- Endpoint protection such as Bitdefender,
- Security best practices.
- Virtualisation – Hyper V & VMware.
- Storage Area Networks ( SAN’s).
- NetworkingManaged Switches.
- Wireless Access Points, stand alone, mesh.
- Routers / Bridging.
- CloudOffice 365.
- Microsoft 365.
- Azure AD.
- Google Cloud.
- Backup setups such as ArcServe, Veeam, Symantec, CommVault, Azure Backup.
- Disaster Recovery, including Azure Site Recovery or equivalent