< Back to results
Senior Software Engineer – Front End
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100″ most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 engineers and tech developers over the next three years. Our team, based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The centre in Galway is the first operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US. The new international office will enable the company to expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, and Data Science footprint, and Rent the Runway’s Galway based employees have the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across several roles in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Role:
Rent The Runway is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who values creativity and user experience as much as great code and curiosity. You’ll be working with a team of engineers focused on our services responsible for e-commerce functionality, customer notifications, and customer order management. As underlying services scale for growth, you’ll be adapting our user interfaces to connect with new and improved workflows. You’ll be responsible for enhancements in the UI for customer experience agents using our internal tools and for keeping our front ends at a high standard of quality. You will also play a role in introducing new architectural features to keep our applications modern, performant, and maintainable.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment for the user Interface of internal tools that power our back of house systems
- Adapt front end applications to changes in our backend APIs
- Collaborate with designers and other teams to refine product features and brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code.
- An eye for responsive design and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize important tasks and pick up new tools and technologies as needed.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team.
- Passionate about building truly innovative products that work behind the scenes to make it all happen.
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimisation.
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service – unplug, recharge, and have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension – taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings – our team spirit is no joke – we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.