< Back to results
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100″ most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent The Runway established its first operation outside of the U.S, creating an E.U Software Development and Technology hub in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre in 2019. The growing team of software engineers and data scientists tackle core technology challenges critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and the future of the next generation of services. Our employees have the opportunity to launch and grow their careers across a number of exciting roles in engineering and technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & strive for continuous delivery, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
We are always interested in speaking with developing and experienced Full Stack engineers interested in joining our team. If that’s you, read on for a snapshot of the type of work our Back-end engineers do across our various teams, share your details and a member of our Talent team will be in touch!
About the Role:
Our Full Stack engineers use a service-oriented architecture to power our internal mobile app, website, warehouse operations technologies, and other internal applications. In this role, you will work on both new product features and technical enhancements as we believe in building for the future to enable performance and scaling.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, testing and deployment of fulfilment microservices and warehouse management systems.
- Find architectural and internal design improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic and order volumes.
- Drive technical projects to success and provide mentorship in a fast-paced startup environment
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team.
- Learned from the experience of shipping multiple large, complex software projects
- Able to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time and juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
Approach collaboration with curiosity and a learning mindset demonstrating a willingness to mentor and learn from teammates and foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service – unplug, recharge, and have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension – taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings – our team spirit is no joke – we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – when our corporate employees safely return to the office post-COVID, they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.