< Back to results
Site Reliability Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Rent The Runway established its first operation outside of the U.S, creating an E.U Software Development and Technology hub in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre in 2019. The growing team of software engineers and data scientists tackle core technology challenges critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and the future of the next generation of services.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About the Job:
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will spearhead and lead our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and developing tooling, policies, and processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, and performance. You will lead assigned projects, and be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of site reliability.
What You’ll Do:
- We are currently starting our path towards migrating our infrastructure to a multi-cloud tenancy. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers and Architects.
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers and own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce stellar technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- You have over 5 years of experience in a site reliability or DevOps role, preferably in a hybrid public/private cloud environment.
- You understand the cloud infrastructure architectural requirements of large-scale, distributed, consumer-facing applications in the cloud.
- You have proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, Java, Bash). Experience with Go is a plus.
- You are comfortable with Docker and container orchestration platforms, preferably Kubernetes, managed with Helm.
- You have experience with modern source control tools, preferably Git, GitHub.
- You are familiar with CI/CD build/deployment tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions, and modern deployment practices like GitOps.
- You have experience automating everything you can with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible).
- You are proficient when it comes to Linux and Windows system administration.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator. Your written communication is concise and clear.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service – unplug, recharge, and have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension – taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings – our team spirit is no joke – we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.