< Back to results
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer within our Security Solutions Group, you will join a multi-disciplinary team focused on developing innovation solutions to improve, automate and enhance Enterprise Information Security. You’ll be engaging in some of our most critical work in a variety of domains including software engineering, cybersecurity, and platform engineering. You will also have an opportunity to leverage automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, or other modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. Plus you’ll be exposed to challenging projects, a robust development curriculum, and collaboration with and mentoring from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
- Work with multiple businesses across the Enterprise to develop and implement innovative automation solutions.
- Partner with product and engineering leads to drive the automation of key security services and products.
- Contribute as a team member in major programs or change initiatives aimed at increasing the enterprise security capabilities.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business, our patients and healthcare-delivery models. This understanding includes key systems, key contacts, priorities and concerns within the business and IT.
- Maintains current knowledge on software engineering and automation and their applicability to the enterprise and the healthcare industry.
- Drive direct engagement with product teams to ensure healthcare applications are secure.
- You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Commercial experience in software engineering, with competencies to include technologies such as C, C# and/or Python
- Proven track record at delivering software solutions as part of an agile team
- Demonstrated experience and ability to learn and apply new technologies in a fast paced environment
- Technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Go, Rust, Terraform
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, GCP
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.