< Back to results
Systems Engineer – Hybrid Infrastructure
- Full Time
This position has been filled
Based in Boyle, Co. Roscommon since 1988, Trojan IT has operated successfully in Ireland for over 30 years and have established ourselves as one of Ireland’s leading IT solutions provider, offering Managed IT Support Services to SME’s, Public Bodies, and multinational clients. We understand the integral role IT plays in all organisations and how essential it is to have an IT Partner that will ensure the optimal running of our client’s IT Systems and the security of their data.
Due to increased growth and demand for our services we have a number of positions available for suitably qualified and experienced engineers that are interested in delivering the latest cloud and infrastructure solutions to our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, Systems Engineer to support our client’s hybrid infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow in your career with a forward-thinking company. We are looking for a team player and self-starter with initiative to help our customer base optimise their IT Infrastructure across both On-Premises and Cloud Environments.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for onsite & remote service / support needs of our customers. This relates to all technologies across modern and traditional IT environments., including Endpoint Management, Client / Server technologies, Software as a Service (Microsoft 365), networks, vendor specific hardware and software. Secure deployment and support for Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud solutions will also be a key part of the role.
The Candidate must have a keen interest in current and emerging technologies to keep ahead of fast paced industry changes and how these technologies will apply to our customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Deploy Security solutions
• Provide support services for Microsoft related technologies
• Deploy & Support Hybrid and Cloud First Environments using best practice
• Deploying & Supporting Backup & Disaster Recovery Solutions
• Utilize and Update Systems Documentation
• Manage the Customer Experience
• Deploy and support Network Infrastructure
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
• Advise and Empower customers with appropriate Technical Solutions to help them realise their business goals
• Work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
• Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations
• Qualification, preferably in Computer Systems & Networking, or a related field.
• Microsoft Certification preferred but not essential.
• 2 years of IT experience.
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
• Company Van
• Performance based incentives.
• Full on the job training & support.
• Fun working environment and culture.
• Great opportunity for advancement.
• Employer Pension Scheme
• Flexible working environment
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.