< Back to results
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Overstock Ireland is the European software development hub for Overstock.com, a technology driven online retailer. Based in Sligo, Ireland, we offer a diverse, secure and flexible career. Take advantage of our amazing location along the Wild Atlantic Way and enjoy the ride in the fast paced world of e-commerce.
Taxonomy and Attributes are critical for any online retailer. The Technical Lead on the Taxonomy and Attributes development team plays a pivotal role in guiding and shaping the evolution of the Taxonomy and Attributes platform for the organisation.
At Overstock we innovate to deliver simple, fast, secure, and delightful experiences for our customers, partners, and teams. We do this through the fostering of an exciting and safe culture for technologists to thrive so that we can deliver the best platform in online home furnishings retail. We live our values of; be you, know your numbers and do good.
About the role
- The agile development team is central – must be a committed team member contributing towards a positive agile team culture, supporting and mentoring team members to improve the overall team
- Coordinate with other development teams and stakeholders on technical integrations
- Guide and shape technical vision for Taxonomy and Attributes
- Pushes boundaries towards best practise in technology, agile and DevOp
- Participate in new Product ideation, refinement, planning, implementation through to releasing, supporting and monitoring in production
- Committed to team ownership of Taxonomy and Attribute products and applications
- Facilitate technical planning activities with consideration to security, performance, availability, resiliency, testing, documentation, scale, operating and monitoring
- 7+ years recent Software Development experience
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong software development experience, preferably in Java and Spring
- Experience with asynchronous messaging/streaming technologies such as Apache Pulsar, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, or JMS
- Experience with technical design
Experience with owning applications in production with monitoring, alerting, trouble-shooting and analysis
- Proficiency in Test Automation
- Strong database experience such as with relational or graph DBs
- Experience building web services, preferably using the REST style
- Experience with build management tools, preferably maven
- Experience with version control tool, preferably Git
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with continuous delivery
This role will accommodate flexible working arrangements!
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent certifications.
What We Value:
- Life/Work Balance
- Pride in Production
- Challenge yourself, inspire others
- Success through diversity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, religion and membership of the Traveller community, (protected characteristics under the Employment Equality Acts 1998-2011).