< Back to results
Technical Programme Manager, Commerce
- Full Time
- Mid-Senior Level
Technical Programme Manager, Commerce
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100″ most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent The Runway established its first operation outside of the U.S, creating an E.U Software Development and Technology hub in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre in 2019. The growing team of software engineers and data scientists tackle core technology challenges critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and the future of the next generation of services. Our employees have the opportunity to launch and grow their careers across a number of exciting roles in engineering and technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
We are seeking a Technical Programme Manager to join our Galway team and partner with business stakeholders, engineers and users on our Commerce services. You will act as an advocate for your stakeholders to deliver solutions that improve business outcomes and drive improvements in operational efficiency. As a valued member of our team, you will act as the bridge between stakeholders, engineering and product; fostering clear communications and continually contextualising requirements to maintain velocity and quality in delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams through the agile execution process from conception, requirements gathering, UX design, development, and testing through to launch
- Synthesise coherent product requirements that provide clarity, focus and prioritisation to complex problems establishing a common language and communication framework between stakeholders and Software Engineering teams.
- Maintain a robust product backlog, breaking projects into attainable milestones with MVP deliverables, collaborating with the software engineering team and business stakeholders in the agile process to prioritise effectively and concisely define acceptance criteria.
- Define, monitor and measure launched products to maintain a tight learning loop that leverages qualitative insights from user research as well as quantitative results from testing in order to continually inform the product development process
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the user – both the Rent the Runway customer and our internal business users.
- Drive measurable improvements to the stakeholder experience.
- Support knowledge transfer, onboarding and mentorship to RTR colleagues across the organisation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field.
- 3+ years Technical Programme Management / Product Management experience in a commerce/order management/asset management environment
- You communicate well. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk and how to listen.
- You understand what it takes to build and maintain scaled applications and you are comfortable facilitating and participating in the architectural and technical decisions.
- You are passionate about creating products that improve the user experience.
- You are analytical. You can break complex problems down into their constituent parts.
- You are empathetic. You can imagine how different members might experience a feature.
- You love to launch experiments. You can build larger learnings through principled A/B testing.
- You are unflappable. You are flexible and able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
Experience at an e-commerce company with supply chain systems is a plus.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service – Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
Competitive Stakeholder Pension – taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings – our team spirit is no joke – we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.