< Back to results
- Full Time
Ei Electronics is a successful multinational Irish company with a leadership position globally in the design and manufacture of Fire and Carbon Monoxide detection products for the residential sector.
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1000 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 23,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
· Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
· Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
· Excellent career advancement opportunities
· Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
· Inclusive Benefits package
Due to its continued success, the Company now has the following exciting career opportunity:
Working as part of the EI Electronics Test Engineering team the Test Technician Will provide first level support to the various ATE (Automated Test Equipment) equipment across the factory. The Test Technician will conduct initial troubleshooting to identify and remedy Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic and Pneumatic faults. Escalating to second level support as required. All necessary training, support, and direction will be provided. The role will involve a two cycle shift pattern (days and evenings rotating).
Provide hands-on technical support to the production areas.
Trouble shooting of technical faults, ensuring a fast response and resolution of all issues.
· Maintain all production ATE test equipment in excellent working condition, ensuring consistent performance with a focus on quality, output, and yield.
· Assist in the installation, set-up, and commissioning of new production test equipment.
· Assist in the completion of Test Measurement equipment calibration as required
· Provide input towards the continual improvement of the Test Engineering Department’s role within the organization, as dictated by the business requirements.
Demonstratable electronics and or electrical training or experience required
Ability to read electrical drawings and schematics is desirable
Workshop machining skills would be an advantage.
Experience using hand and power tools
Must be computer literate.
Display a high level of enthusiasm and drive
Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
Comfortable doing some physical labor-intensive work
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Should have good verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to take and follow specific direction
Must be quality focused