JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Senior Product Development Engineer for a Medical Device manufacturing company located in Galway. This is a Maternity Cover contract.
The person in this role will participate as a team member in the product development process from Concept to commercialization of novel medical devices.
The role will offer an attractive salary and benefits as well as flexible working arrangements and the opportunity for growth and development.
· Technical leader on PDP projects leading product and process development activities from concept to commercialization
· Develop new concepts, prototypes and products from concept to commercialization following PDP procedure meeting or exceeding customer requirements
· Partner with Program Managers to generate project plans and execute the project plan to schedule, within budget constraints, meeting customer requirements
· Develop innovative concepts for new devices and processes that satisfy customer and regulatory requirements
· Co-ordinate and participate in brainstorming and troubleshooting activities
· Co-ordinate and participate in design reviews to support advancement of projects from concept to commercialization following PDP procedure
· Co-ordinate and participate in design for manufacture/design for assembly activities
· Co-ordinate and participate in the organization and execution of interdepartmental activities to ensure advancement of projects from concept to commercialization following procedures
· Maintains detailed documentation throughout all project phases
· Co-ordinate and participate in design and process verification and validation activities working with manufacturing and quality personnel
· Work with other sites to support design and development activities
· Co-ordinate and participate in customer meetings and visits
· Familiar with medical device regulations FDA, QSR and ISO 13485
Skills and Qualifications:
· Degree in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, polymer engineering or other equivalent discipline
· 5+ years’ work experience in medical device or similar industry
· Demonstrated ability to develop medical devices from concept to commercialization
· Experience in design and manufacture of balloon catheters and delivery systems
· Experience in phase-gated, PDP (Product Development Process) procedure
· Familiar with DFM/DFA principles
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Building company Looking for Carpenter/Construction worker,must be experienced(metal/timber studding,dropped ceilings,plasterboarding,doors,floors etc)Renovation works.Email Walshconconstruction@gmail.com
Contact Conor Walsh 087 7605064
Company Secretarial Senior – Dublin/ Galway
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has nearly 3,000 people in 9 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 145 countries around the world, and a global network of over 68,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
An integral part of the Tax & Legal department is the Corporate Compliance function which works closely with both Tax and Audit in providing an accurate, efficient and responsive service to clients in meeting their corporate compliance obligations. This service includes assisting with the administrative burden of corporate compliance as well as planning for corporate challenges to avoid the risks associated with failure to follow often complex statutory procedures.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Company Secretarial team for a Senior. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Company Secretarial Department and has been created as a result of growth within the function and the firm overall. We are looking to hire in either our Dublin or Galway office.
The role will comprise of the following activities:
- Managing a large portfolio of diverse clients across varied industry sectors, with responsibility for ensuring that clients are meeting their statutory obligations
- Provide advice to clients on a range of corporate governance issues and issues arising from the Companies Act.
- Together with the existing management team to managing, train and develop the team
- Building and maintaining clients relationships
- Responsibility for billing clients and debtor management
The successful candidate will be and possess:
- Prior professional services experience either gained in an accountancy/legal practice or specialist firm
- Excellent MS Office and IT skills (knowledge of GEMS an advantage)
- Experience in the financial services and funds sector will be an advantage
- Strong client focus with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Client-centered approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong technical ability
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Design Quality Assurance Engineer for a Medical Device manufacturing company located in Galway.
The person in this role will be responsible for assuring product quality, safety and effectiveness while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
The role will offer an attractive salary and benefits.
· Lead Quality Engineer on projects, directly contributing and/or providing guidance to others to establish appropriate Design History File / Device Master Record documentation. Providing detailed planning for clinical, pilot production and scale-up plans in New Product Introduction programs
· Ensuring project teams are utilizing Quality Systems and appropriate regulations and industry standards throughout the product development process
· Investigating and evaluating material biocompatibility and appropriate methods of sterilization during the product design cycle
· Conducting risk assessments of the design to determine ability to function as intended
· Responsible for timely Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA), change control and notification, internal and vendor audits, product release, document control, design control process and design history files (DHF), device master records, etc
· Interacting with customer and supplier companies in a professional manner; proactively communicating with them to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information. Auditing and qualification of new suppliers may be required
· Intervening and contributing to successful resolution of technical issues when they arise
· Ensuring that all work satisfies the requirements of the company’s Quality Manual
· Continually looking for improvement and compliance improvement opportunities
· Leading Quality roles on client programs, assisting in the design and implementation of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products to bring concept to market, including essential product and process documentation
· Maintaining detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development, often leading documentation of user needs, product requirement and risk / test planning and execution activities
· Conducting and/or participating in meetings directly with clients
· Coordinating activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines. May include supplier qualification and management
Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
· 3 years of medical device design and development/quality assurance experience is required
· Managing customer relationships and responses in aa timely manner
· Ability to interact with client companies in a professional manner
· Demonstrated ability to lead product verification & validation activities
· Experience working with operations to develop strong manufacturing process instructions and operator training is desired
· Familiarity with process validation is required
· Familiarity with FDA QSRs, medical device regulations and ISO 13485
· Familiarity with Metrology and ISO 17025 requirements
· Knowledge of probability and statistics
· Organised and able to self-manage project tasks
· Customer focus with excellent communication skills, written and oral
· Depth of knowledge in one or more clinical areas
· Depth of knowledge in one or more specialized areas, e.g. Biocompatibility, sterilization methods, etc
· Experience using an electronic quality management system (eQMS) a plus
· Lean or Six Sigma certification/experience preferred
· Auditor experience preferred (i.e. Supplier, Customer, Third Party, Quality Management System (QMS))
· Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit
LOCATION: Connacht Rugby, Dexcom Stadium, Galway
It’s an exciting time for us and there’s never been a better time to join the team here at Connacht Rugby! As we begin our stadium redevelopment and with our new stadium naming rights partner just announced, we are looking to transform our commercial footprint. As Commercial Manager, this is a rare opportunity to join the team and effectively contribute to the future commercial success of the club.
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Head of Commercial & Marketing, the Commercial Manager is a key appointment and will be responsible for leading the Commercial Team, which is part of the wider Commercial and Marketing Division. You will be responsible for developing and leading all the revenue generation initiatives of the club derived from areas such as, sponsorship, stadium advertising, hospitality, and Business Club. The role will involve a high degree of relationship management and working closely with other staff and departments to ensure the smooth delivery of partner rights.
· Responsible for the design and implementation of the overall commercial and revenue generating initiatives of the club, including our partnership and hospitality programmes and other commercial revenue streams (e.g. Business Club, stadium advertising etc).
· Responsible for the acquisition and retention of key partners and sponsors.
· Manage, develop, and maintain a strong relationship with Connacht Rugby sponsors, partners and benefactors.
· Development of an active pipeline of new business and the identification of new revenue streams for the club.
· Work with partners, sponsors, and the wider commercial team to initiate a step-change in sponsor activities from ‘activations’ to ‘world-class experiences’ that engage and delight.
· Drive the sponsorship communications lifecycle and take responsibility for the development of all relevant sponsorship data, including but not limited to attendances, TV viewing figures, social media awareness and resonance, consumer awareness research, wider market insights and trends.
· Line management responsibility for two direct reports.
Experience and Skills
· 5-7 years’ experience in sales, marketing, or business development-based roles including working for a sponsor brand and /or an agency side role.
· Proven ability managing and developing relationships.
· Demonstrable experience in team management.
· Strong multitasking experience .
· Clear experience in successful operational delivery of partnership rights.
· A degree level qualification in Business, Marketing and Sales is desirable.
Connacht Rugby has adopted a hybrid working model, with a requirement to be in the office approx. three days per week (note that due to stadium redevelopment works, the role will be home based on a full-time basis from May 2024 – approx. April 2025). Given the nature of this role and the requirement to have face to face time with partners and sponsors the successful candidate will need to be based in the Connacht region. The nature of the work is such that some hours may be irregular or outside the norm i.e., during evenings and at weekends (including Sundays).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the opportunity to be part of our team at this exciting time and you hold the requisite experience and qualifications, please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence)with a covering letter supporting your application directly to our retained consultant:
Brónagh McDonald, TRB Associates. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be part of an innovative and progressive company in the West!
ÉireComposites is an innovative design, manufacturing, and testing company, involved in lightweight, high-performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy, and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites (www.eirecomposites.com) has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in composite technologies.
ÉireComposites currently has a vacancy for a Business Development Executive. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing research and commercial proposals related to novel composite products. The role will require excellent communication skills as well as scientific and commercial acumen.
Drive growth from current and new customers and manage assigned key accounts.
Prepare commercial bids for design and manufacture of composite products. Own your own quotes and manage all stages of the deal flow funnel.
Lead the writing and preparation of commercial proposals, including those for industrial customers, Horizon Europe, Enterprise Ireland, SEAI, ESA and other programs.
· Develop and implement a strategy that expands the company’s opportunities for securing funding and ensures a strong presence in the R&D/Innovation landscape.
· Cultivate and enhance strong, enduring relationships with potential funding partners by collaborating with them and understanding their project needs.
· Present sales data, including budgetary details, and expenditure reports, along with realistic forecasts, to the management team.
· Actively participate in relevant events such as conferences, exhibitions, and company visits, to promote the company’s capabilities.
Support the further development and execution of the sales process.
· Perform other duties as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience in proposal writing desired but not essential.
· Fluency in Irish desired but not essential.
· Ability to communicate effectively, act decisively, and to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
· European Driver’s License.
· Graduates and early-stage career candidates will be considered.
· Competitive Salary relative to experience and qualifications.
· Easily accessible – 20 mins from Knocknacarra,
· Company pension.
· Twenty days annual leave.
· Wellness and team events/initiatives.
· Training & development.
· Career development.
· On-site parking & canteen.
Please submit your own C.V. in PDF or MS Word format. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all CVs received due to volumes. However, we will respond to candidates who attend for interview and provide feedback if requested. All our job descriptions are available in full on www.eirecomposites.com, where you will also find out more information about our business. Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
The management accountant will have responsibility for the provision of monthly/annual and ad hoc financial information together with overseeing and ensuring the effective and efficient management of the day to day running of the finance function. This individual will be heavily involved with our digital transformation and have a proactive roll in the overall structuring and direction of the department by providing fresh prospective and insights. Connacht Rugby has adopted a hybrid working model, however this role will be fully remote from May 2024.
Line Manager: Head of Finance
The role will involve supporting the head of finance and overseeing members of the finance team.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND/SKILLS
· Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience.
· Previous management accounts preparation experience.
· Highly numeric & analytical with a strong attention to detail.
· A strong system orientation including advanced excel skills.
· Results orientated with focus on enhancing processes and controls.
· Ability to determine key relevant information and ensure systems and processes support production and presentation of appropriate financial metrics in a meaningful way for all stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to communicate finance information to non-finance staff.
· Self -motivated and ability to work under pressure.
· Team player with the ability to work as part of the core finance team, delivering accountability, collaboration, leadership and influencing as required.
· Preparation of monthly management accounts.
· Assistance with preparation of annual budget and maintaining reforecasts.
· Identifying budgetary variances, including liaising with relevant management.
· Preparation of variance analysis reports.
· Planning and coordination of year end audits and statutory accounts preparation.
· Interpret a wide range of information and use findings to provide insights to support business decisions.
· Drive the use of digital technology solutions in our reporting.
· Drive continuous improvement by identifying & improving any inefficiencies in processes to ensure best in class control environment.
· Preparation of monthly payroll.
· Completion of monthly/bi-monthly/annual tax and statutory returns.
· Working with the head of finance to deliver the finance strategy and annual action plan for the finance function.
Please apply via the link below with a cover letter and up to date CV. The closing date for applications is 2pm on Friday 23rd February 2024.
The Partner Services & Events Manager is a full-time, 12 month fixed term position (maternity cover), based at Connacht Rugby in Galway, Ireland. Reporting directly to the Senior Commercial Manager, this person is a key appointment who will be responsible for developing and executing Connacht Rugby’s events from both a Partnership and Alliance perspective, as well as lead on certain Connacht Rugby marketing experiences / promotions that will need to be delivered. This role is key in that it also involves (in conjunction with the Senior Commercial manager), the education, management, approval, and delivery of Partner activity / experiences to a level that encourages our Partners to renew with Connacht Rugby.
- Act as a central contact point from a Client Servicing point of view, for Connacht Rugby’s Partners (both Partnerships and Alliances).
- Servicing and activation of all club partnerships (both Partnerships & Alliances).
- Ensure the delivery of all sponsor benefits and events throughout the season.
- Ensure the delivery of tournament rights holder’s benefits.
- Servicing and co-ordination of key club benefactors.
- Execution and delivery of all premium and business products and events (Business Club Plus & Lite, Hospitality, Player Sponsorships, Awards Ball, Golf days and other special events as necessary).
- In conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager, have responsibility for the execution and delivery of experiences and promotions from Connacht Rugby.
- In collaboration with the Commercial Partnerships Manager, oversee the event delivery of premium grade hospitality events including staffing, catering management and liaising with all suppliers in order to meet demand, drive sales and increase hospitality profits.
- With assistance of the Commercial Partnerships Manager from time to time, oversee the event delivery of premium grade Business Club Plus events.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and supervision of part time/temporary/match day staff as necessary in order to meet demand.
- Assistance in the delivery of the match day experience as required if available.
- Through working with partners, identify new revenue opportunities that increase revenue and profitability.
- To collaborate with the Senior Commercial Manager, Commercial Partnerships Manager as well as the Marketing & Communications team to create effective win-win sponsorships / partnerships.
- From time to time, assist the Senior Commercial Manager and the Commercial Partnerships Manager with the evaluation, design and update the sales inventory as required to maximise the commercial return for Connacht Rugby.
- From time to time, assist the Senior Commercial Manager and the Commercial Partnerships Manager with new client pitches.
- Create case studies on the delivery of partner activations to assist in partnership reports and selling decks.
- In collaboration with the Operations Department, oversee the delivery of a quality food & beverage offering from vendors on match day.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Commercial & Marketing from time to time.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing and business development-based roles.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a sales and operational delivery role of premium events / corporate partner servicing.
- Clear experience in successful operational delivery of partnership rights.
- Clear experience in delivering premium level events.
- Clear experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A degree level qualification in Business, Marketing and Sales is desirable.
- Possess a fastidious attention to detail.
- Have first class relationship building skills.
- Operationally focused. The ability to deliver on agreed benefits.
- Have a creative and strategic mind-set, an eye for new opportunities that push us and our partners creatively.
- A natural networker who is comfortable in the executive /senior leadership space.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be determined, self-driven, with high energy and motivation to succeed.
- To be able to collaborate as a part of a wider team.
- Articulate and engaging communicator.
- Have a genuine passion and interest in Connacht Rugby
Operationally and functionally, the Partner Services & Events Manager will report directly to the Senior Commercial Manager.
The successful candidate will be expected to work appropriate hours in order to fully carry out their responsibilities. The nature of the work is such that these hours may be irregular or outside the norm i.e., during evenings and at weekends (including Sundays).
Please apply via the link below with a cover letter and up to date CV. The closing date for applications is 2pm on Monday, 19th Feb 2024.
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with an industry leader in critical water and wastewater engineering solutions to recruit a Financial Accountant. This role is a full time maternity leave contract and will be based fully onsite in Galway.
Our client is a provider to the municipal and industrial sectors with clients across Ireland and the UK. They are a rapidly growing company that develop and grow talent to their full potential.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work as part of the finance team and support in the preparation of the monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner. You will have to build working relationships with the operational and commercial teams to contribute to the overall success of the business.
· Ensure the delivery of the Financial Statements for each month end close and delivery of the same in accordance with group deadlines.
· Maintain select Balance Sheet accounts, including, but not limited to bank reconciliations, fixed asset register maintenance, creditor and accrual listing reconciliations, debtor and prepayment listing and inter-company reconciliations.
· Extensive ERP system use, with continuous system efficiency and improvement suggestions expected.
· Monthly/Weekly ad hoc reporting as required by the finance and operations teams for all trading entities.
· Preparing audit schedules and roll forward of audit files in preparation for liaising with our external auditors.
· Proactively review and monitor your own work schedule and ability to work on your own initiative is essential.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Qualified accountant with 3+ years PQE
· Experience in accounts preparation, analysis, and reconciliation.
· Experience of ERP systems; prior working experience of SAP would be an advantage.
· Experience working within the construction sector would be an advantage but not essential.
· Performance driven with excellent analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
· Deadline driven with attention to detail.
· Advanced communication skills with experience in developing cross functional team relations.
· Demonstrate critical thinking skills with a view to actively supporting continuous improvement.
· The opportunity to join an ambitious and growing organisation.
· Monday to Friday working week finishing early on Fridays.
· 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
· Competitive base salary.
· Flexible working arrangements.
· A company laptop.
· Access to EAP – 24/7 365 days confidential employee counselling service, free to avail for employees and their families.
Be part of an innovative and progressive company in the West!
ÉireComposites based in Connemara, is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high-performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy, marine, sports and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in manufacturing and tooling for composite materials. Remote work is not available for this position.
We have an opportunity for a R&D engineer to work in an exciting sector and where development and support for role will be provided inhouse. This is an ideal role for an early career engineer candidate or graduate. This is a full-time permanent role, and the working time arrangement is Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5pm and 8.30 – 3.30pm on Fridays.
As an Engineer at ÉireComposites, your deliverables will mainly include but are not limited to the below mentioned responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Defining research agendas for the company.
· Developing research proposals for organizations like the European Space Agency, the European Commission, and the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
· Performing research activities and generating project reports.
· Designing and manufacturing of cutting-edge composite parts.
· Implementation of process control and quality management systems.
· Working as part of the engineering team to plan and deliver projects.
· Complete routine tasks with minimal supervision.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing and research functions.
· Work in a cleanroom environment/industrial production area.
· Undertake all other duties as assigned by engineering manager.
· Work in a fast-paced environment and to assist with manufacturing tasks as demands arise.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Full Driver’s EU / Irish License.
· A technical or scientific degree from a leading university, preferably in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, design, or a similar field.
· Good general technical skills and a willingness to learn new skills.
· A target driven attitude with the desire to succeed.
· Ability to travel to visit customers and attend trade shows.
· A qualification in and or working knowledge of CAD desirable not essential.
· A qualification in and or track record of Project Management desirable not essential.
Skills and Abilities:
· Self-motivated and willing to work on own initiative.
· Effective team member contributing to their own team and cross functionally.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
· Comfortable in managing competing priorities.
· Strong writing skills.
· High levels of motivation and ambition.
· Open to ongoing learning, development, and cross training.
All our job descriptions are available in full in both English and Irish on www.eirecomposites.com, where you will also find out more information about our business.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience.
· Easily accessible – 25 mins from Knocknacarra.
· Company Pension plan with three percent contribution.
· Early finish on a Friday.
· Death in service/life assurance.
· Work wear provided and Personal Protective Equipment.
· Twenty days annual leave.
· Wellness and team events/initiatives.