< Back to results
IT Support Technician
- Full Time
Team Horizon has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join our clients Mayo based GMP Cosmetics manufacturing business. This role within the pivotal Technical department will be responsible for provision of IT support, fault finding, network & server maintenance. In this role you will the IT manager in project planning and implementations across 2 sites in both Mayo & Cork. Occasional work out of normal hours as projects or tasks require. Occasional/Regular travel between sites will be necessary.
Why you should apply:
- You enjoy working in an innovative fast paced environment
- You take pride in delivering excellence in your work and enjoy finding solutions to complex IT issues
- You are a team player and exhibit excellent leadership qualities.
What you will be doing:
- This position will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of structured IT policies, procedures and maintenance of IT infrastructure. Assisting in project planning and implementation.
- Act as primary contact of day-to-day IT support requests from users.
- Ongoing maintenance of physical and virtual server architecture.
- Monitoring of back up and disaster recovery systems.
- Ensuring and maintaining connectivity for users to our cloud hosted ERP system at both sites.
- Assist the IT manager in planning and roll-out of IT projects. This will include drafting
- Training materials and training end users as applicable.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Office 365 cloud systems, including OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint and Exchange online.
- Recommend and update policies and procedures to improve IT infrastructure on approval by the IT Manager.
- Engage with every department to help them understand how changes in IT systems can improve the productivity of their departments.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as required or requested by IT Manager.
What you need to apply:
- 3rd Level Qualification or Industry Recognised certification (Microsoft, Cisco etc.).
- 2 years post qualification in a similar role.
- Proven track record in problem solving and project delivery.
- Drivers licence & own vehicle.
- Experienced administering Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019 Environment.
- Experience of managing a Hyper-V virtualised environment.
- Management of Windows DHCP, DNS, Print Servers, Group Policy Object and logon scripting.
- Excellent understanding of computer networking and troubleshooting issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of routers and firewalls, with an ability to understand, trace and correct NAT issues.
- Excellent understanding of IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Ability to take ownership of a problem, diagnose and resolve or workaround.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to work with peers and across organizational boundaries
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experienced in administering Office 365 cloud environment, including Exchange online, OneDrive and SharePoint cloud.
- An understanding and experience of cloud hosted VoIP telephony.
- Understanding of Internet domain & DNS management.
- IT Security Conscious, understanding of the risks and repercussions of weak security.