< Back to results
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
Our Client, a leading Medical Device company in Leitrim, is looking for a Moulding Engineer to join their team.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility to provide Polymer Processing, Tooling, and Engineering expertise for the range of products and plastic raw materials.
- Responsible for defining and implementing innovative engineering technologies, which will deliver highly efficient and cost-effective processes and equipment improvements.
- Keeping up to date with new technological developments and to maintain and develop moulding standards.
- To provide technical support to Customers, Toolmakers & R&D/NPI personnel when spec’ing out Mould tools and Materials.
- To provide Production support and Maintenance Activities as required.
- Training and Mentoring of Technicians and Operators as required.
- Participation in on-going Process Improvement activities.
- Support the quotation team in relation to Mould tool and Mould Assembly activity.
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping to ensure area, machines and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Monitor production and adjust parameters within acceptable ranges to optimise quality and performance ensuring components are run as close to nominal as possible unless instructed otherwise.
- Ensure that all activities carried out are compliant with company quality system requirements.
- Plan and execute projects to ensure that project timelines, quality and cost targets are met.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of
- Corrective/Preventative actions to address Quality, Technical, and Manufacturing issues.
- Liaise closely with Operations team to ensure Manufacturing and R&D/NPI activities are scheduled and completed to the required standard.
- Develop Moulding process, either on own or with Process Engineers for new products using our Scientific Injection Moulding process development approach to optimize new raw materials, tooling, and technologies.
- Flexibility to travel between Suppliers, Toolmakers, and customers.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
- Third level engineering qualification (minimum Bachelor’s Degree) in Polymer, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering. Significant experience (15yr+) will be considered in lieu of minimum qualification.
- An Associate position may exist where there is limited experience and will be assigned to an experienced Engineer.
- A Senior position may exist for minimum 5 years experience.
- Experienced in Injection Moulding, Mould Tooling, Materials, Ancillary equipment and repair and maintenance of all related equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of medical device environment including Clean room manufacture, validations, process controls, etc would be of advantage.
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
“The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”