< Back to results
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Full Time
- On site
- Mid-Senior Level
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will work with customer requirements as part of the design team and will responsible for the design and implementation of automation equipment.
- Work within the design team to develop innovative concepts from customer requirements
- 3D Design of Mechatronic equipment including mechanisms; transfer systems, servo systems, robotics, pneumatics, electrical equipment and machine guarding systems
- Hands on involvement at the build and de-bug stage to ensure designs meet performance specifications.
- Ability to take responsibility for large projects and manage cross functional terms through the life cycle of a project
Give guidance and direction to machine build technicians to help them realise designs
ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Design and implement process improvements for existing automation equipment
- Prepare detailed tooling drawings and pneumatic schematics
- Liaise with suppliers for component procurement
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Preparing detailed safety risk assessments and FMEAs
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Excellent communication skills are vital as you will have to work within a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day to day basis.
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of designs completed
- Educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience including:Involvement in significant automation projects with responsibility for design sign off, installation and commissioning
Extensive experience in a machine design role
- Strong experience using 3D CAD applications e.g. SolidWorks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willing to take ownership
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Project management experience advantageous
- Proven track record in problem solving and delivering solutions
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be innovative
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot®Recruitment
“The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”